Join us in the Learning Hive

Wet, wet wet!

Friday 14th June | Comments are off for this post
4

Despite the atrocious weather this week, we have been hard at work and the children have contributed well to all lessons.

Reading

This week the children completed their end of year reading assessment paper. Although there were some tricky questions, I was really impressed with the effort and perseverance of all children. I could see the children using all of the skills they have been taught this year to answer the questions. A huge well done to everyone, you should be really proud of yourselves.

Maths

This week we have been exploring area and perimeter in our mathematics lessons. The children have a good understanding of the concepts and tackled some tricky shapes where they were required to calculate the missing sides. I have set the children some revision homework in preparation for their end of year assessment. It would be fantastic if the children could also access mathletics to complete the additional tasks set online.

Science and PSHE

In Science this week we have been exploring dissolving. The children were provided with a range of elements to investigate and recorded their findings.  They worked collaboratively to complete the investigation and I was very impressed with the team work I saw.  The children found some good conclusions from investigation and were able to use a wide range of scientific vocabulary to describe their observations.

In PSHE we have been exploring our new MindMate strand of ‘Solving problems and making it better’. The children made some excellent suggestions in the lesson about how they could help their friends if they were facing a problem. We had some excellent supportive ideas from the children and the classroom atmosphere felt very positive and friendly. I hope the children can think about their thoughts and ideas from the session today when they or friends next face a problem.

On Wednesday 19th June the children are taking part in the S Factor! Apologies for the confusion in the original date but please could the children bring their science experiment to school to audition on Wednesday. We will be auditioning in the afternoon.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend!

Miss Jones