Join us in the Learning Hive

A New Week in 5L!

Friday 8th March | Comments are off for this post
2

What a week we’ve had in 5L! Where to even begin?

In our literacy lessons we have started looking at persuasive writing. To kick things off, we looked at how adverts are designed to persuade you to buy their products or services. We then had a go at creating some adverts of our own. The only catch was that the products we were trying to sell were essentially useless, which meant the children had to be really persuasive. Do you think they managed it?

For our science lesson this week we had a wonderful visit from the performers of ‘Abbie Ayre and the Shed of Science’ who taught us all about pollution and keeping our air clean with the help of Dr. Ayre, Abbie, Charlie and Derek 5000. The children absolutely loved it and hopefully learned quite a bit about pollution and how we can help reduce it. I wish I had some pictures to share with you but I’ll be honest, the performers were so good I completely forgot!

And of course to round it all off we had our World Book day celebrations. I was so impressed with the costumes that they children came in – I don’t think I have ever seen so many unique and fantastic characters appear in my classroom! Throughout the children have been hard at work coming up with stories of their own adventures in C.S. Lewis’ magical land of Narnia based around music from the film. Keep your eyes peeled for future blog posts, where we will hopefully be able to share these with you.