Join us in the Learning Hive

5L in Concert

Thursday 19th July | 5 comments
5

Today the children of 5L took to the stage to showcase their fantastic musical abilities. We would like to thank all the parents and family members that were able to attend and who created such a wonderful audience for us, but we don’t want anyone who couldn’t make it to miss out!

Unfortunately, the iPad cut out just as we were singing ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ to open up so we don’t have any footage of it, however you can take our word for it – we kicked off the show with a bang and pulled out an excellent performance. This was followed by a really lovely flute and singing duet.

Next we changed to the piano, which brought a change of pace and pulled out a short but spectacular piece of music. How her fingers moved so fast I will never know!

Following these excellent performances, we returned to our class songs. The children performed a very beautiful rendition of ‘Make You Feel my Love’ that reminded me just why it is my favourite of the three.

Following this performance, we returned to the piano. Although it seems as though the piano is playing itself, I promise that there is a child there, putting on a great performance!

Next up was the quartet that was originally a duet, then a trio. Together, they performed a round of ‘London’s Burning’ on recorders and vocals.

Following this, the whole class returned to the stage to perform one of their favourite songs of this year: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It always amazes me how the class seem to know this lyrically tricky piece better than some of the others that we have looked at this year! Once again, 5L smashed it out of the park!

Next, our resident guitarist took to the stage to perform a lovely piece that she has been learning in her lessons.

Finally, we took to the keys next to perform a short but beautiful piece of music with confidence.

And finally, to round of the solo and ensemble performances, we had a harmonised duet between a recorder and violin.

After so many truly fantastic performances, it was time to reveal our secret project from this half-term – a song of our own creation. As a way of celebrating all of their achievements and class jokes from the year, the class got together to rewrite the lyrics to Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing’. The final product was entitled ‘We are 5L!’ and was very well-received by the audience (5B members not included, though I can’t imagine why!).

Thank you again to all those who were able to attend. 5L were so proud of themselves after the concert had ended – and rightly so!

5 responses to “5L in Concert”

1. Sam says:

We both enjoyed the performances from all the children – fantastic all of you and well done!

2. Nadine says:

Excellent performance from 5L, thank you for inviting us and showing us how musically talented you all are

3. Kate Heap says:

I really enjoyed your concert this afternoon! Mr Sharp, Mrs Hoyle and I are looking forward to a wonderful time in Year 6 with such a talented group!

4. Angela Pritchard says:

Was a great show thankyou Miss Levitt and 5 L !

5. Peter Harris says:

Well done 5L! What a talented group you are. This looks like it was a super concert: and all from just one very musical class. Well done Miss Levett too for pulling it together.