We have a Farfield finalist for the Leeds Children’s Mayor!
Friday 20th July | 2 comments
I am delighted to share that news the our candidate for the Leeds Children’s Mayor elections has made it into the final 12. Charlotte’s manifesto was one of 50 entrants, all of which were a very high standard. The 50 entries were given to a panel of Council Officers who carefully selected the best 20. The final 20 were then shortlisted to the final 12 by a panel of Leeds Youth Councillors, UK Youth Parliament and the outgoing Children’s Mayor.
Becoming Leeds Children’s Mayor would be a fantastic opportunity.
What does Children’s Mayor of Leeds entail?
- School will be asked to support the winning manifesto, and take part in any activities that are organised as part of the manifesto.
- Switching on the Christmas Lights with the Lord Mayor of Leeds City Council
- Attending a full Leeds City Council meeting in January to read their manifesto to the 99 councillors
- Having the Lord Mayor of Leeds present a certificate at an assembly in school
- Working alongside council teams to try and implement the manifesto
- Accompanying the Lord Mayor on the Remembrance Sunday parade
- Attending a variety of civic functions throughout the year in the official role as Leeds Children’s Mayor
- Reading manifesto and sharing journey so far at Child Friendly Leeds Ambassador events
It would be fantastic if everyone could get behind Charlotte and support her, by giving her as many votes as possible. Voting will be open from 9am on Monday 23rd July until 5pm on Wednesday 19th September. You can vote by following the link below. Please note that the link does not become active until voting opens. Voter will need to enter an email address to be able to vote.
email@example.com Vote for CHARLOTTE!
Each voter is asked to read the final twelve entries and vote for their two favourite ideas. Each vote given has an equal weighting. Anyone who doesn’t vote for two different candidates will have their vote voided. You must be under the age of 18 to vote.