Join us in the Learning Hive

5W Update

Friday 3rd April | 2 comments
7

We have made it to the Easter holidays, even if it has been in a slightly haphazard way!

Today’s tasks include:

• Maths – understanding decimals as fractions
  • Literacy – reading (more chapters of The Explorer)
  • Try to spend some time on Spelling Shed, TT Rockstars and/or Mathletics
  • Do something you enjoy this afternoon – you’ve earned it!

I thought this would be a good opportunity to share some things that you have been doing at home this week. Thank you for sending these photos in!

In addition, well done for all of your flapjack making, macaroon making, brownie baking, drawing, painting, creating, board-gaming, trampolining, walking, den building, gardening, seed sowing, instrument playing, Joe Wicks(ing) and relaxing (I hope!). All of these things are incredibly good for you in some way or another, so keep going with them over the Easter holidays.

I won’t be setting specific assignments over the holidays, but do keep up with times tables, spellings and reading. I will also post more ideas for things to do at home as I find them and I have now uploaded various lists of educational websites in the Parent Help folder on Google Classroom.

That leaves me with only one more thing…

I am so impressed with everybody’s efforts both at school earlier in the term and with the work you’ve been doing at home too. WELL DONE!

Do keep in touch via email/Google Classroom over Easter.

Keep smiling,

Miss Wetherill

2 responses to “5W Update”

1. Karen Chaudhari says:

Aww, this is lovely, thank you 🙂

Can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks already..we’re all learning new things (daily)!!

Have a relaxing Easter everyone x

2. Lindsay Wallwork says:

What a lovely message thank you! Lots of juggling with OST’s ta working from home at our house but we are doing our best! Abi is really missing her friends thank you for sharing the photos!