Join us in the Learning Hive

5W Update

Wednesday 1st April | 2 comments
7

Good morning everyone. I hope you have been keeping well so far this week. Please see below for today’s and tomorrow’s tasks. As usual, try to find time to go on mathletics (assignments have been set), Spelling Shed, TT Rockstars and keep reading too!

Wednesday 1st April:

Typically in school, Wednesday mornings are literacy based, so I have replicated that on Google Classroom.

• Reading comprehension task – choose from 4 options
  • Spelling practice – Spelling shed, the sheets on google classroom or any of the activities in the parent help folder.
  • SPaG revision – activity mats (3 different levels)
  • This afternoon, it would be great to spend time doing something you are really interested in, such as sports, art, cooking, learning something new!

Thursday 2nd April:

• Maths (understanding decimals as fractions)
  • Literacy (continue with persuasive letter)
  • In the afternoon, find some time to do some enriching activities. Have a look at the suggested lists on the class hub, and I will be posting lots of fun educational websites too.

Thank you for all of your hard work and support with home learning this week. I’ve really enjoyed hearing about all the wonderful alternative activities you have been doing, such as trampolining, obstacle courses, baking, making board games, going out on walks, painting, making dens and so much more! I’ll be sharing some great pictures from your week on Friday.

Before I go, I thought I’d leave a little bit of Wednesday motivation in the form of Albus Dumbledore…

Although these are tricky times, let’s try to continue to see the positives and see it as an opportunity.

Have a great day,

Miss Wetherill

2 responses to “5W Update”

1. June Parsons says:

We had a relaxing day baking bread, reading fun books and drawing. The kids are obsessed with the treadmill!

2. Karen Chaudhari says:

Thanks…flapjack making time here now!
    Stay safe all x