Join us in the Learning Hive

5B Poetry

Friday 22nd April | 4 comments
1

While half the class were cycling today, the other half were writing their own poems in the style of ‘My Heart Soars’ by Chief Dan George.  I was really blown away by the thought that went into these poems.  They were very moving and the children should feel very proud.  The other half of the class will be writing their poems in the coming weeks. Click on any image to enlarge it.

IMG_0294 IMG_0295 IMG_0296 IMG_0297 IMG_0298 IMG_0299 IMG_0300 IMG_0301 IMG_0302 IMG_0303 IMG_0305 IMG_0306 IMG_0307 IMG_0308

4 responses to “5B Poetry”

1. Alice says:

This was was a fun but hard lesson because it was hard to thing of adjectives to describe things like the safety of my house

2. Honey says:

This was my favourite English lesson ever. I thought everyone who had a chance to write a poem put so much effort into them.
    Also I’m sure every one who was out cycling would of put as much effort as every one else.
    And they really do look good out side our classroom there handwriting is amazing !

3. Polly says:

This lesson was amazing, everyone put a lot of thought into it!!!

4. Amber mum says:

Super poems! The children have written some very thoughtful inspirational poems. Well done!